Adept geo-textile (material below sub-base)
Construction materials can be adversely affected if soils are allowed to intermix because there is no effective separation medium. For example: the load-bearing capacity of a road will be greatly reduced if fine-grained sub-grade soil particles intermingle with the granular sub-base.
A strong and permeable geo-textile helps prevent the intermixing of solid particles between the layers of soil, yet still permits water to flow freely.
The tensile strength, high stiffness and filter characteristics of geo-textiles make them ideal for material separation purposes within pavements.
- They make it easier to spread granular material over soft areas.
- They minimise the need for excavation and replacement of the original ground.
- They reduce the loss of granular material into the sub-grade.
- They allow work to continue during bad weather.
- They allow initial fill layers to be placed over particularly soft ground without construction vehicles becoming stuck.
Phone Mon-Fri 9am-5:30pm
Greenock: 01475 278338
Fortwilliam: 01397 470606